Directs and Supervises Personnel:
- Establishes and maintains work schedules in accordance with agency policy and assignments of staff.
- Responsible for managing the completion of time clock edits of staff who report to this position.
- Monitors and ensures staff compliance with the agency's time and attendance policy; recommends disciplinary action for those out of compliance.
- Manages the completion of performance evaluations, recommends staff for the employee recognition award and promotions.
- Conducts staff supervision in accordance with agency and division policy.
- Administers disciplinary actions in accordance with agency disciplinary policy, conducts disciplinary counseling, completes disciplinary action reports, and recommends employee terminations as needed.
- Ensures that staffs have attended required in-service training and schedules employees to attend both in-service training and training provided by vendors; conducts training on clinical subjects, charting, fire safety plan, fire drills, emergency plans and procedures, building security, volunteers and interns, and site specific exposure control plan.
- Promotes positive employee morale and a culture of compliance in the work environment to stop or eliminate sexual harassment or any form of employee harassment or employee discrimination; responsible for taking complaints of sexual harassment, informing the Human Resources Department of the complaint, and investigating the complaint (as directed).
- Monitors employee accrual totals, approves or recommends approval of employee requests for time off, and notifies the Department of Human Resources when an employee should be placed on or taken off Family and Medical Leave (FMLA). Maintains contact with staff while out on FMLA.
- Participates in employment interviews that meet federal, state, and agency regulatory guidelines.
- Completes associated Human Resources forms and sends these forms to the Department of Human Resources.
- Provides clinical and administrative to the Case Manager Supervisors and Unit Supervisors.
- Has on-call responsibility.
Provides Quality Assurance Oversight:
- Promotes compliance all applicable Federal and State laws, regulations and Department of Homeless Services and Veteran’s Administration policies and procedures; acts to strengthen and maintain an ethical organizational culture.
- Coordinates with the Department of Quality Assurance and Improvement and the departments in the Administrative Division for staff assistance in the preparation for an audit.
- Develops plans of corrective action, incident reports, and program evaluation reports addressing areas that need improvement.
- Conducts length of stay reviews in the weekly supervisory meeting with Associate Program Managers, Case Manager Supervisors, and Unit Supervisors
- Assists with collecting data and keeping documentation on vacancy, admissions, discharges, infractions, incidents, and illnesses on a daily basis and will gather from staff on a monthly basis statistics on service utilization and referral sources.
- Chairs and reviews information collected from the Utilization Review Committee on a quarterly basis, with paying particular attention to an aggregate review of unsuccessful and delayed discharges, and preliminarily determines the full scope of onsite services and offsite linkages that may be missing from the services mix.
- Ensures the distribution and collection of resident evaluation surveys and other program evaluation materials and ensures that the findings of such efforts are made available to persons served and staff.
- Conducts reviews of case records to ensure compliance with regulatory and agency documentation requirements.
Maintains Property Safety and Accountability:
- Promotes accountability and serviceability of all ICL property assigned to the program; reports lost, stolen, missing, or damaged property in accordance with ICL policy; conducts initial investigations of property that is lost, stolen, missing, or damaged.
- Facilitates the purchase of supplies and equipment; properly secures all property and equipment.
- Conducts regular inspections of vehicles and property to ensure cleanliness, accountability, and serviceability.
- Conducts regular inspections of resident rooms to ensure property accountability and serviceability.
- Enforces key internal control procedures to ensure the safety, security, functionality and a well-kept appearance of the facility.
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to use and oversee the use of ICL-supplied equipment (e.g. computers, cell phones, telephone, fax, vehicles, etc.) during the course of business.
- Conducts periodic testing of the facility’s emergency and business continuity plans and maintains documentation of such testing.
- May conduct intake assessments.
- May conduct regular facility inspections to report repairs that need to be made.
- May review drafts, procedures, and job descriptions.
- May be involved in hosting visitors from community, regulatory offices, and/or other agencies.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.