Provides oversight and support to Tillary Street Shelter’s monitored medication program.
The LPN is directly supervised by the on site clinic’s medical team, led by the MD, the Clinic Director, and ICL Nursing Department under the guidelines of DHS Medical Services.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work with clients and staff in a caring and respectful manner with due understanding of and consideration for cultural differences
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff
• Ability to complete written forms and reports in an accurate and timely manner, manually and by computer
• Ability to be empathic and supportive to clients instructing demonstrating modeling and encouraging appropriate behavior and skills
• Ability to secure and maintain certification for standard First Aid and CPR
• Ability to make accurate and timely observation and decisions.
This positon description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet the changing needs of the agency at the sole discretion of the management.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Must have a valid NYS license as Licensed Practical Nurse and current NYS registration, plus at least one year of experience providing services to individuals with mental disabilities. Continuing employment is contingent on maintaining current valid NYS licensure.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Basic Knowledge of mental illness and serious emotional disturbances and substance abuse disorders
• Basic knowledge of treatment, rehabilitation and community support programs as they related to clients and staff
• Basic knowledge of techniques for identifying and preventing potentially violent behavior including crisis management techniques.