Assists in Providing Clinical Services:
- Assigns caseloads and related duties, coordinates the activities of the staff in providing treatment services to consumers/residents.
- Provides clinical oversight of symptom assessment and rehabilitative services provided by the staff to consumers/residents to ensure the quality and that services meet or exceed regulatory guidelines. Monitors counseling performed by staff either individually with a consumer/resident or in groups to evaluate the quality of the service.
- Ensures staff is obtaining information, such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to the individual's situation, and that the staff is evaluating the consumer's/resident's capabilities. Regularly inspects case records to evaluate the completeness and quality of treatment plans, quarterly service plans reviews, assessments, medical records, and progress notes. Responsible for the accuracy of data entry in a computer data base or manual records.
- Informs staff to the types of clinical services, recreational activities, and ICL programs available.
- Reviews crisis assessment of assigned consumers/residents with staff, reviews nonverbal and verbal crisis intervention techniques to be used with each individual consumer/resident, and staff-actions during a crisis situation.
- Informs staff of community resources and ensures that staff are accompanying consumers on regularly scheduled or emergency visits to medical treatment facilities, social agencies, government offices, or other locations associated with treatment or assistance of the consumer/resident.
- Immediately reports serious incidents, allegations of abuse, incidents, or sensitive situations and completes incident reports to the Program Director.
- In the Program Director's absence or with the Program Director's authority directs meetings concerning clinical issues.
- Ensures compliance with agency safety infection control policies
Assists in Directing and Supervising Personnel:
- With the Director's authority establishes and maintains work schedules in accordance with agency policy and assignments of staff. May be responsible for managing the completion of time clock edits of assigned staff within the suspense established by the Human Resources Department.
- Ensures assigned staff's compliance with the agency's time and attendance policy; recommends disciplinary action to the Program Director for those out of compliance.
- May manage/distribute resident/consumer funds.
- Assists the Program Director in managing the completion of performance evaluations, recommends staff for the employee recognition award and promotions, and evaluates staff for merit bonuses.
- Conducts staff supervision in accordance with program and division policy.
- Recommends disciplinary actions in accordance with agency disciplinary policy. With the Program Director's approval conducts disciplinary counseling and completes disciplinary action reports.
- Reviews authorized staff positions and personnel budget. Recommend changes to authorized staffing patterns and personnel budget to Program Director.
- Ensures that assigned staff have attended required in-service training and schedules employees to attend both in-service training and training provided by vendors. Conducts training on clinical subjects, charting, fire safety plan, fire drills, emergency plans and procedures, building security, volunteers and interns, and site specific exposure control plan.
- Assists in the management of employee accident reporting and initial submission of workers' compensation claims.
- Monitors employee morale and the climate of the work environment to stop or eliminate sexual harassment or any form of employee harassment or employee discrimination. Responsible for taking complaints of sexual harassment, informing the Program Director of the complaint, and may investigate the complaint (as directed by the Program Director).
- May be delegated the responsibility of monitoring employee accrual totals.
- Assists in providing oversight in the area of administrative recordkeeping, maintenance of office equipment, reception of visitors, phone reception, and stocking office supplies.
- Assists in the management of the orientation of newly assigned personnel and the sponsorship program.
- Assists in ensuring that volunteers and student interns are being utilized and supervised in accordance with agency policy.
Assists in Providing Quality Management Oversight:
- Assists in ensuring internal program compliance with federal, state, city, and agency regulatory requirements. Monitors the quality of the rehabilitative services provided to assigned consumers/residents.
- Assists in the development of a program mission statement that supports the division and agency mission.
- May be directed to coordinate with the department of Quality Assurance and the Corporate Compliance Department for staff assistance in the preparation for an audit.
- Reviews plans of corrective action, incident reports, and program evaluation reports and recommends action that needed for improvement.
- May be directed to provide oversight in submission of statistical data.
Assists in Assuring Fiscal Control and Accountability:
- Assists Program Director in exercising control over budgets through planning, prioritizing of spending, and monitoring of spending patterns.
- Recommends approval/disapproval for all purchase orders and financial requests from staff and submits purchase orders and financial requests to the Program Director for approval.
- Provides oversight of resident/consumer funds program. Assists in the development of internal money management census at expected occupancy levels
- Monitors census, entitlements, and collections to maximize revenue. Assists in maintaining census at expected occupancy levels.
Assists the in Assuring Consumer and Family Involvement:
- Educates assigned staff in the benefits of consumer and family involvement, levels of consumer and family involvement, types of consumer and family involvement, nature of consumer and family involvement, and issues of working with consumers and families.
- May be directed to develop a program strategy for working with consumers and families and develops activities that foster program-consumer and family cooperation.
- Assists in fostering the development of consumer involvement committees.
Assists in Fostering Community Relations:
- Assists in promoting Mental Health programs in local communities; liaison between local elected officials and community boards, educates citizens in the community on mental illness.
- Educates assigned staff and residents/consumers on the importance of a constructive relationship with local elected officials, community boards, and community citizens.
- Cooperates with other organizations in development of understanding and interest participating in long range plans for mental health program development.
- Conducts internal investigations of untoward incidents as directed by the Program Director in accordance with agency policy.
- Willingness and ability to use ICL supplied communication tools (e.g. computers, beepers, telephone, fax, etc.) regularly in the course of conducting business. Compliance with attendance rules and the ability to work on a regular schedule and has on-call responsibilities.
- May be directed to conduct regular inspections of apartments and contact landlords to report repairs that need to be made in accordance with rental agreements.
- May be responsible for facility maintenance in assigned areas and reports needed repairs to the Program Director.
- May review drafts, procedures, and job descriptions.
- May assist in hosting visitors from community, regulatory offices, and/or other agencies.
- May be a member of an agency or division committee(s).