Assists in Providing Clinical Services:
- Based on a written treatment plan received from the Interdisciplinary Treatment Team (ITT), identifies those aspects which can be integrated into residence activities.
- Provides clinical oversight of implementation of all phases of residents' treatment plans. Assigns staff to implement services.
- Observes the delivery of services to assess reaction/progress and to evaluate the quality of the service. Discusses results with staff and makes any modification deemed necessary (if appropriate) or presents recommendations to the ITT.
- Discusses with other managers any incidents or circumstances which could be taken into consideration in planning and carrying out activities.
- Ensures staff is obtaining information, such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to the individual's situation, and that the staff is evaluating the resident's capabilities. Regularly inspects case records to evaluate the completeness and quality of treatment plans, medical records, and progress notes. Responsible for the accuracy of data entry into a computer database or manual records.
- Informs staff to the types of clinical services and recreational activities available.
- Reviews crisis intervention of residents with staff, reviews nonverbal and verbal crisis intervention techniques to be used with each individual resident, and staff-actions during a crisis situation.
- Informs staff of community resources and ensures that staff is accompanying residents on regularly scheduled or emergency visits to medical treatment facilities, social agencies, government offices, or other locations associated with treatment or assistance for residents.
- Immediately reports serious incidents, allegations of abuse, incidents, or sensitive situations and completes incident reports in accordance with agency policy.
Assists in Directing and Supervising Personnel:
- Establishes and maintains work schedules in accordance with agency policy. Responsible for managing the completion of time clock edits within the deadline established by the Human Resources Department.
- Maintains and posts work schedules and adjusts assignments based on availability of staff, the abilities of specific staff members, and the particular requirements of the resident(s).
- Instructs mangers and/or staff on the specific tasks to be performed and provides written guidelines if necessary.
- Periodically meets with staff individually and/or as a group to discuss observations, deficiencies, new techniques, administrative matters, and circumstances that might have a bearing on the effective and efficient functioning of the staff.
- Evaluates staff competencies and deficiencies; meets with subordinates on an individual basis to discuss their job performance’s strengths and weaknesses, suggestions for improvement, and follow-up as appropriate.
- Supervises staff in appropriate reactions to emergency or crisis situations.
- May attend centralized training programs designed to “train-the-trainer.”
- Responds to work related questions, problems, and complaints from staff.
- Ensures that shift has attended required in-service training and schedules employees to attend both in-service training and training provided by vendors. Conducts training on clinical subjects, charting, fire safety plan, fire drills, emergency plans and procedures, building security, volunteers and interns, and site-specific exposure control plan.
- Assists in the management of employee accident reporting, FMLA reporting, and initial submission of workers' compensation claims.
- Monitors employee morale and the climate of the work environment to stop or eliminate sexual harassment or any form of employee harassment or employee discrimination. Responsible for taking complaints of sexual harassment and informing the Director of Residential Services and the Human Resources Department.
- Provides oversight in the area of administrative recordkeeping, maintenance of office equipment, reception of visitors, phone reception, and stocking office supplies.
- Manages of the orientation of new personnel and the sponsorship program.
- Assists in ensuring that volunteers and student interns are being utilized and supervised in accordance with agency policy.
Assists in Maintaining Environment and Property Accountability:
- Ensures that all Federal and State health and safety standards are met, deficiencies are handled according to agency policy.
- Ensures that the performances of various housekeeping duties to provide a clean, neat, and safe environment are met.
- Initiates requests to repair/replace worn furnishings, floor coverings, etc.; alerts the Director of Residential Services of any major structural problems.
- Conducts and records health and safety drills.
- Maintains accountability and serviceability of all ICL property assigned to the program to include vehicles. Reports lost stolen, missing, or damaged property to the Residence Manager. If directed, conducts initial investigations of property that is lost, stolen, missing, or damaged.
- Recommends the purchase of supplies and equipment; properly secures all property and equipment. Conducts regular inspections of vehicles and property to ensure cleanliness, accountability, and serviceability.
- Conducts regular inspections of resident rooms to ensure property accountability and serviceability. Establishes key control procedures.
- Recommends disciplinary action for staff whose negligence resulted in ICL property becoming lost, stolen, missing, or damaged.
Assists in Providing Quality Assurance Oversight:
- Ensures internal program compliance with federal, state, city, and agency regulatory requirements. Monitors the quality of the services provided to residents.
- Develops a residence mission statement that supports the division and agency mission statements.
Assists in Providing Quality Assurance Oversight (cont.):
- May be directed to coordinate with the Quality Management Department and the Administration Division for staff assistance in the preparation for an audit.
- Reviews plans of corrective action, incident reports, and program evaluation reports and recommends action that needed for improvement.
- May be directed to provide oversight in submission of statistical data.
Assists in Assuring Consumer and Family Involvement:
- Educates staff in the benefits of resident and family involvement, levels of resident and family involvement, types of resident and family involvement, nature of resident and family involvement, and issues of working with the resident and family.
- Develops a resident strategy for working with residents and families and develops activities that foster residence-resident and family cooperation and coordination.
- Assists in fostering the development of resident involvement committees.
Assists in Fostering Community Relations:
- Promotes Mental Retardation programs in local communities.
- Educates staff and residents on the importance of a constructive relationship with local elected officials, community boards, and community citizens.
- Cooperates with other organizations in development of understanding and interest participating in long-range plans for mental retardation program development.
General: Willingness and ability to use ICL supplied communication tools (e.g. computers, cellphones, telephone, fax, etc.) regularly in the course of conducting business. Compliance with attendance rules and the ability to work on a regular schedule and has on-call responsibilities.