1. Conduct a comprehensive review of the benefits eligibility and status of all residents admitted to the program and develop scenarios for residents that are consistent with their savings and money management plans as to what type of expenditures are necessary, what rate of savings of income would be desirable, and how to accomplish this; evaluate resident needs for entitlements.
- Assist residents with establishing a representative payee when needed.
- Maintain Entitlement case records, including the database that will enumerate the status of the individuals’ progress in obtaining and keeping the appropriate level of entitlements and to which system (VA or HRA) the individual is applying.
- Assist residents with contacting entitlement agencies.
- Coordinate and track the resident’s progression toward obtaining and keeping the maximum entitlement allocation;
- Provide entitlement counseling to residents and staff.
- Assure that each person residing at Hope Village is receiving or has applied for the appropriate level of VA, HRA, SSI, SSD, Medicaid, Medicare, and other entitlements.
- Participate in the development of a resident savings and money management plan within the scope of Department of Homeless Services and Veteran’s regulations.
- Offer and provide residents both group and individual instruction in budgeting, banking, resident skills such as shopping wisely from a price and product perspective, credit, and taxes; review individual resident budget plans in the context of case management reviews.
- Collaborate with case managers and the vocational counselor to provide advocacy and technical counseling.
- Participate in reviews will occur on the first working day following intake and weekly, thereafter, until entitlements issues are resolved.