MAINTAINS ENTITLEMENTS AND CASE RECORDS OF ALL ACT CLIENTS
- Works with ACT Data Specialist to tracks all client’s Medicaid recertification date, those clients on spenddown, and creates the necessary reports and systems to appropriately monitor, secure, and maintain Medicaid for all ACT clients.
- Reviews and maintains appropriate inter and intra agency documents and information related to all clients’ entitlements.
- Keeps appropriate records tracking all activity and interactions.
MANAGES SPENDDOWN PROCESS
- Provides technical assistance to clients, ACT Team members, and other collaterals regarding the management of Surplus Medicaid.
- Includes making field visits as necessary.
- Ensures monthly invoices are prepared and sent to Medicaid.
SERVES AS CLIENT ADVOCATE
- Accompany client and serve as an advocate in front of SSA court and at PA, Medicaid and Food Stamps Fair Hearings and other Entitlement’s appointment.
- Collect and process all medical documentation and forms used to help ICL clients during their Hearings/Appointments.
MAINTAINS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE AS NEEDED
- Uses EMEDNY, Managed Care Provider Portals, the Social Security Program Operations Manual System (POMS), The Public Benefits Research Center, and collaborates with Entitlements Management Team to ensure accurate understanding of all issues around insurance, Medicaid, and other Entitlements issues.
- Serves as a dependable and accurate resource of entitlement information for ICL Management and direct-care clinical staffs. Attends meetings, trainings and conferences as needed.
EXHIBITS EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
- Effectively communicates to clients, supervisor, staff, social security, managed care organizations, and other internal and external people as needed.
- Communicates in an effective manner, both orally and in writing, with wide range of collateral agencies to initiate, maximize and continue the client’s entitlement benefits and services.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned.