The general oversight of and provision of instruction in Cognitive Remediation model of treatment. This includes insuring cognitive remediation sessions are implemented according to required standards that instructions adhere to the integrity of the model by providing strength based and collaborative interventions and interactions that facilitates achievement of identified individual treatment goals. This individual will work collaboratively with the Livonia treatment team, including the Vocational Education Specialist to facilitate community integration of Livonia clients in development of vocational skills, increase employment opportunities and social networks. Supervise and train others in the cognitive remediation model of treatment.
1. Process referrals - screen and evaluate clients for the program. Perform formal assessments and develop cognitive remediation plans for all consumers.
2. Create, monitor and revise treatments plans so they link cognitive remediation to the overall goal of independent living, and intermediate goals. This includes collaborating with case managers and other Livonia staff in fully integrating cognitive remediation model into all aspects of treatment t including transitional and discharging planning. Facilitate the implementation of plans for each client through individual counseling and group dynamics.
3. Monitor computers, web based programs, manuals and cognitive remediation materials. This includes insuring materials are up to date and functional.
4. Facilitate and oversee several one hour cognitive remediation sessions per week.
5. Documentation of program development and utilization reports.
6. Facilitate work readiness training groups and facilitates cognitive remediation groups.
7. Communicate and document client progress to staff and/or providers in charts and meetings.
8. Stay up to date on new cognitive exercises and incorporate into the program.
9. Keep the groups full with new clients by outreach to staff and residents.
10. Maintain files on all cognitive remediation and related documents in an organized and timely manner.
Master's degree in psychology, social work, or related field, with at least two years clinical experience and /or in the mental health field. Under-standing of cognitive function and mental health. Computer literacy required. .