To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless this causes undue hardship to the agency.
Provides Clinical Oversight to Team Members:
- Conducts and oversees assessment activities of team to ensure that clients are appropriate for enrollment in the program.
- Supervises the assessment and reassessment activities of staff; ensuring that identification of gaps in service and assessment of service needs and strengths are performed with due consideration of the client’s social, ethnic, cultural, educational and spiritual strengths and needs.
- Supervises the development and implementation of written HCBS service plans and ensures that they are maintained in a timely, accurate and complete manner and that they include consideration of the client’s cultural and ethnic background, customs, needs, beliefs, and primary language
- Assures that quality services, identified in the HCBS service plan are delivered in a cost-conscious manner, and that the client is satisfied with the services provided.
- Supervises the counseling and exit planning provided by staff, and ensures that appropriate discharge planning is provided.
- Supervises the development of data, records and/or reports as requested and required by agency and/or regulatory policies.
- Immediately reports serious incidents, allegations of abuse, (including the reporting of child abuse or neglect), or sensitive situations and completes incident reports in accordance with applicable agency and regulatory policies.
- Regularly provides individual and group supervision, HCBS team meetings, case conferences, in-service training and other staff development activities.
Direct and Supervise Personnel:
- Ensures that all positions are filled as expeditiously as possible. Participates in the recruitment, selection, orientation and on-going training of staff.
- Establishes and maintains work schedules in accordance with agency policy. Responsible for managing the completion of time clock edits and related time and attendance reporting of staff within the guidelines and deadlines established by the Human Resources Department.
- Responsible for performance management of staff: provides regular feedback to supervisees, both orally and in writing, invoking the disciplinary process as needed.
- Holds periodic staff meetings and conferences to discuss the program's policies, and procedures, to obtain input from team members.
- Ensures on-going safety training of employees, manages employee accident reporting and initial submission of workers' compensation claims.
- Monitors employee morale and the climate of the work environment to stop or eliminate sexual harassment or any form of employee harassment or employee discrimination. Responsible for taking complaints of sexual harassment, informing the Human Resources Department of the complaint, and investigating the complaint (as directed).
- Monitors employee accrual totals, approves or recommends approval of employee requests for time off, and notifies the Department of Human Resources when an employee should be placed on or taken off Family and Medical Leave (FMLA). Maintains contact with staff while out on FMLA.
- Provides oversight in the area of administrative record keeping, billing, and maintenance of office equipment, reception of visitors, phone reception, and stocking office supplies.
Provides Quality Assurance Oversight:
- Ensures internal program compliance with managed care organization, federal, state, city, and agency regulatory requirements. Monitors the quality of the services provided to clients.
- Coordinates with the Quality Assurance/Corporate Compliance Department and the appropriate corporate administrative departments in preparations for audits.
- Develops as requested, initial plans of corrective action, incident reports, and program evaluation reports and addresses areas that need improvement.
- Provides oversight in submission of timely, accurate and complete statistical data.
Assures Fiscal Control and Accountability:
- Oversees and manages HCBS billing and revenue cycle.
- Exercises control over budgets through planning, prioritizing of spending, and monitoring of spending patterns.
- Approves/disapproves all purchase orders and financial requests from staff and submits approved purchase orders and financial requests to supervisor for approval.
- Ensures adherence by staff to all internal and external funds management procedures and accountability measures.
- Monitors enrollment and productivity. Maintains enrollment and productivity at expected levels.
Fosters Professional and Community Relations:
- Serves as liaison to HARP managed care plans.
- Develops and maintains relationships with New York City lead Health Homes and downstream agencies in an effort to facilitate referrals and continuity of care for HARP members.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.